Wednesday, February 4, 2009

What to do...

Short Stuff is officially corrupted by homework-haters society... my little first grader has come home for the past week and a half insisting that he has not had homework while Kahuna and I suspiciously questioned, 'are you sure?'...

we listened to stories of, the teacher is busy, the teacher's cat is sick... you can't call the teacher to check cause the teacher's cat is bad and will bite her (last night's excuse)... and we told our little man that parent teacher conferences were coming up, and that we were going to see the teacher. Our little first grader panicked and asked if we knew where his teacher lived.

Yes, we had our suspicions... yes, we let him get himself into this mess... but, it is best that he learn to deal with the consequences of his actions now than later...

As I type this, Kahuna is taking the first shift of homework duty. No Television, No Video Games, No Snacks... Just Homework and Reading until it is caught up... and then the time for the crime...

any suggestions?

2 comments:

Brou HahHah said...

No, you've got the most effective route. The only question I have is when is the operation a success?

Are his grades slumping?

sinister_n_evil said...

there are many lessons to be learned from this... after all my son lied to me...

rob told short stuff his verson of the boy who cried wolf this morning ...

our objective is to teach him to take responsibility for his actions...

so, last night, we allowed our little devient to take part in his conviction and sentencing... he does get graded for his homework, so i have no doubt that this will affect his grades... and he may miss the honor roll next quarter, but I want him to learn to take responsibility for his actions now ... not like my brother and do jail time later in life...

I also want him to learn that trust is earned... and he betrayed it... I don't want him to be gullible either... so, it is time to nip it in the bud now...