Tuesday, December 2, 2008

December is off to a lousy start...

Well, Charles is determined to kill his parents.... well, maybe not straight out kill, but slowly torture us to death... when he came home from school, he was in to any and everything and it took every ounce of energy that Kahuna and I had just to keep up with the little munchkin... he has found every thing that was not child proofed in the house and made a point to show it to us that we missed it... and he has also decided to become an armature interior decorator my moving our furniture .... he maneuvers his way behind our end tables and just pushes them around the living room like they were walkers... and he also does this with the kitchen chairs... all of these are new habits that he acquired during his two week stay with bio dad during my recovery from surgery...

We also had an end table next to the bed in Charles' bedroom right by the light swith between the bed and the door next to the child gate... well, we eventually had to get a childproof switch for the light because Charles liked turning the light on and off creating the disco effect for his brother making it difficult to sleep ... well shortly after we childproofed the switch... Charles learned how to climb over the child gate and escape from the room... so, we had to move the end table across the room next to the door to what we refer to as the 'toy' room... now... the toy room is this walled off area in his bedroom isn't quite the toy room yet because we have been babysitting snakes for our friends until they could find a new foster family for them.... well, Charles finally figured out how to get into this room... so we blocked the door with the end table... (i know why your wondering why i am telling all of this back story.... but it comes to a head right here)

I am heading upstairs to go to bed last night when i hear a thud and Charles screaming..... not a cry like i am hurt.... the terror screaming that makes a mother's heart stop cold... drop everything i am holding and open the door to the bedroom and see my child pinned to the floor by this end table.... (thoughts of not lifting crap leave my head entirely... only thought in head ...RESCUE MY CHILD!!!) I start lifting this end table off of my son and his foot is jammed in between the drawers and CJ is just sitting there... i tell him get help.... i am just screaming... Rob is yelling what is wrong... I yell help... Rob finally runs in... I finally get Charles free.... Charles.... Crawls to Rob.... I sit on the floor in pain...

Charles gathers himself... walks over to me (I am in tears) hugs me and pats me on the back... I hug him back... and we just sit there for a long while...

I am back on the pain killers and doing lots of stretching this morning and today... using my muscle relaxers.... i figure there is nothing like starting my own physical therapy early... I own my own tens unit... so figure i will jolt my self up with some voltage....

my only guess is that he opened the drawers and tried to use them as stairs and the end table toppled over on him.... I don't know if he learned his lesson from it... we turned the table around so he couldn't open the drawers... I can't be there every second of every day... and i can't whisk him away at a moment's notice from every harm... I wish I could, but I can't ... and that is sooo hard to live with during this recovery... i think that is the hardest thing for me right now... i can deal with the financial... i can deal with coitus interruptus... ... but not being able to help my kids when they need it... tears me up inside... Physical Therapy Starts Today!!!

2 comments:

Brou HahHah said...

Uhh. yeah!

Lil' fella's getting adventurous kinda quick. He was probably doing those things due to lack of supervision from the sperm donor. I'm sure once he gets back in the groove, his "adventurous" streak will end.

sinister_n_evil said...

I sure hope so cause last night he stacked stuff next to the child gate at his bedroom door to climb over it... I swear ... he is Houdini reincarnated... either that or he was a monkey in a previous life...