Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A new day...

Well, I am off to a new start... and this is what I have learned....

* I have to wake up a half hour earlier than I want to function in order to take the pain pill so it can take effect in order to stretch out so I can start my day...

* It is easier to dress number one son first than number two son in the mornings...

* Kahuna is harder to get out of bed than number one or number two sons...

* I can effectively walk without my cane for a number of blocks...

* My membership to the YMCA goes active again this month and they offer chair exercises that I can participate in including yoga...

* Kahuna admitted that regardless of his input that I would be dragging his butt with me to the 'Y' whether he liked it or not...

* Number two son is smarter than I give him credit .... after cleaning out and rearranging his and bedroom putting the end table that pinned him to the floor in his closet... the little brain-i-ack turns over the laundry basket using it as a stool to climb over the child gate in the middle of the night.... so, again, I hear a thud followed by crying.... (note to self... no sturdy containers of any type to be left in child's room and Find a taller child gate... )

* Kitchen and Laundry are slowly coming under control again.... living room soon to be back to my standards by the end of the week... the goal is to have christmas decorations up and take christmas card photo of kids so kahunah can work his photo shop magic....

Still on the to do list for today....

Baby's R Us - for more child proofing stuff...
Home Depot - for an extension cord gadget...
Dentist appointment - for Rob...
and other random errands....

things are looking up...

2 comments:

Brou HahHah said...

My puppy (Nala) could jump the baby gate when we used to keep them in the garage before we got our yard tamed and fenced.

Stack the gates two high.

She (remember, a puppy) eventually could jump both, but it took some time. Besides, Charles isn't that nutty.

sinister_n_evil said...

stacking them two high poses me a problem of getting in and out of the room and a fire hazard... not to mention i don't want to create a prizon complex for my kid... but thanks for the input... so far, i think i am making progress... after removing the hamper, he didn't find anything else to stack and climb over last night... so i think i am good... at least for now...

I did get a note home from the teacher... he is consistently walking distances of 10 feet without assistance... so, i think my man is officially a walker...