Wednesday, December 31, 2008

In like a Lion...

Last year started with a 3AM pounding on our door to evacuate our building because fireworks ignited our condo building, and we anxiously held our breath as the fire fighters battled the flames as they crept ever so close to the new place we called home. Health issues, transportation issues, work/job issues, child support and visitation issues have all raised stress levels in the homestead this year, but we have overcome some pretty interesting challenges. One of which included getting kahuna Divorced and Married in the span of three days! Go figure... and I never knew I was shacking up with a married dude... let alone engaged to one...

Last night, I was riding home from Denham Springs with one of the clearest night sky's I have seen since Katrina. Seeing that many stars in the sky reminds me of the immensity of the universe and how insignificant I am by comparison. I know that the coming year holds challenges similar to that of the last year. I can only hope that I am more prepared to deal with those challenges. I have child support court on my birthday of all things... then Kahuna has carpal tunnel surgery the day after... I have to have a tumor removed from my ovary later in January... yes, another surgery... and with some luck, I get to go back to work...

With this the last day of the year, I have already started my physical therapy, so I have already put my best foot forward. I am talking the PT with the actual Therapist... who said that I was in incredible shape for recovering from surgery. ( I guess my personal PT program has been doing the trick.) So, go YMCA!

Now, I have to go do some house work... Merry 12th Night!

No comments: