Thursday, November 27, 2008

Dysfunctional Turkey Day at DOA's In-Law's...

Unfortunately, I decided to subject my husband to this because he refused to let me cook with the valid excuse of my recent back surgery not allowing me to lift any turkey or other dish over 8 lbs.  So, here we are... there is no formal seating.... no gathering of family members around a table to say grace... 

Just, as you arrive, you grab a plate, serve yourself, and  go your merry way... the kids amuse themselves... we read newspapers, watch TV... spark the occasional argument, and say hello to the occasional unannounced or expected visitor... 

My mom cooks.... always... when I lived here and my dad was alive... we always helped... and we made sure that mom always got to sleep by at least one am... but now that my brother has claimed the role of assumed the role of taking care of my mother, things have changed.... She did it all by herself...and was up all night... I got here at 11am and she was exhausted.... the more I look at him the more and more i see him neglecting my mother and the more i am hating him...

I didn't sit here to blog about this... my intentions were to talk about to make fun of my name.... we were babbling about my new married name Cerio... and my niece said it sounded like serial as in killer... and i laughed... I said that i should have expected my last married name and hyphenated it cheri serial-slaughter... that would really have scared the straights.... 

No comments: