Thursday, November 6, 2008

T Minus 24 and Counting...

Well ladies and gents, come this time tomorrow, I will be getting prepped to go under the knife. They tell me that my leg pain will stop immediately and I will notice the difference immediately as well. They claim that I will be able to walk a block and up a flight of stairs post op... and that I will be sore for the first couple of weeks because the are cutting through muscle and bone... there are certain activities that I have to refrain from for no less than three weeks, but I should try to walk at least a block a day to help the healing process... the more activity I have, the faster I am suppose to heal.

In no way am I expecting to suffer the way that I did for the Gastric Bypass, or wish death upon myself for wonder what in the hell did I do to my body and why the hell for, for the first two weeks post op... If I survived that, I can survive this piddly back surgery...People keep asking me if I am scared or worried... They weren't there 8 years ago when I thought I wasn't coming off that table alive... this is a cake walk by comparison... sure, there are lots of risks, but I am in a hell of a better place mentally and physically... I am happier than I have ever been, and I am about to be pain diminished... and hopefully morphine free... I look forward to bike riding, geocaching, and learning how to ballroom dance... this is only going to open a new chapter in Silverfox's biography... and I am going to love it... and I think the kids will too...

No comments: