Thursday, November 13, 2008

The next on My NaBloPoMo to do list...(another Stacy Question)

The topic to tackle today is what is the best thing that I ever learned from my father?

Quite the touchy subject but considering my current state of pain mends and muscle relaxers, my tounge is loose enough to tackle the topic. Don't get me wrong, I do/did love my father. But the one thing that I learned from him first hand was that I cannot depend on any man for anything in life. He put himself first in everything. He was an only child and never learned the concept of family or sharing. He horded everything and was very selfish. Even though I was his little girl, I was never raised as such. I learned how to change brakes before my 5th birthday, and recall operating a drill press at 7. I did get to travel the country as he was a truck driver and could easily hide in his cab... he was Captain Hook and I was his Tinkerbell... Mom was Tiger Lilly and my brother was Peter Pan... but, I always felt like I was missing out... Yeah, my grandparents tried to make up for it by doing the piano lessons, but it only made my brother bitter and think of me as the favored grandchild... which continues to strain sibling relations... but, my dad really was my role model for any of my relationships that I entered into later in life... and it didn't help that my mom reinforced it too... I have always been one to handle myself... and hate depending on others... this recovering from surgery is killing me... I broke down and swept the condo today... and i am ready to start folding the laundry....

btw... the ghost expo has to be this weekend...