Friday, November 28, 2008

If only walls could talk.....

The walls of my mother's house would have tales to tell.... OK... I did a no-n0... in order to cope with the dysfunctional turkey day festivities, I made myself an amaretto sour... and Rob forced the family to sit at the table and eat together.... my brother was there for all of two seconds then disappeared... I was relieved... some time during the evening there was an episode where we threatened to shank one another... thank the gods mom wasn't there... she called me later that night to thank me for being on my best behavior... if she only knew the stuff I was muttering under my breath that she couldn't hear but rob could...

after everything was said and done, rob and I went to a friend's house to sit and vent... there we got to unwind, and share family dysfunction and realize that all families have their own stories.... each must cope in their own special way.... I think next year... it is time to start our own family tradition.... screw the extended dysfunctional stuff... I am done with it...

now it is time to brave the shoppers and see if there is anything left in stores during the recession...

No comments: